The holiday season is here! I just love everything about this time of year from the lights to the music to the food – all of it. Now that my daughter is getting older I’m trying to find new ways to help her enjoy everything that is so magical about this season. I know other parents are probably looking for a fun kids Christmas activity right now too, so I compiled a list of 10 fun Christmas activity ideas to do with your kids in the coming weeks. Some are free and others cost money but most importantly they’re all fun ways to spend time together.
1. Enjoy the lights. Drive around your city or neighborhood and enjoy all of the fun and colorful displays.
2. Adopt a local family that’s less fortunate to bless with Christmas presents. Christmas is all about giving!
3. Go ice skating. Even if you live in warm, sunny locale like Florida you can still find an indoor ice skating rink that will make you feel like Christmas is almost here.
4. Create inexpensive Christmas decorations for your home. Things like applesauce ornaments, glittering pine cones, and paper snowflakes are all cheap to make but add a homey and playful vibe to your house. Kids get to let their imaginations run wild and enjoy their creations for weeks to come.
5. Go to a Christmas play/production at your church. A quick search might even yield a live nativity right around Christmas!
6. Make gifts for family, friends, and neighbors. Things like gifts in a jar or homemade baked goodies are inexpensive and always a pleasure to receive.
7. Go caroling. Or sing along to Christmas carols on the radio at home.
8. Decorate a gingerbread house. The more sugary sweets attached, the better!
9. Watch a holiday movie. There are so many cute, wholesome, and humorous movies that take place at Christmas. Gather your loved ones and enjoy the show.
10. Track Santa. I know not everyone does the Santa thing, but if you do it’s a lot of fun for kids to track Santa’s progress around the world on Christmas Eve. This particular idea is best suited for older kids.
Tell me, what’s your favorite thing to do with your kids during the holidays to help them embrace the season?