Winter can mean different things for different people. For some people it can mean winter sports, snow, colder weather, or shorter days. For me though, winter means severe dryness. Dry air, dry hair, and dry skin. The dry air outside, coupled with the dry air inside from the heater running, makes my skin ashy, cracked, and irritated. Dry legs result in ingrown hairs and the need to constantly itch these irritated places. Most years in Austin we don’t get a true winter and it’s usually pretty mild, but even on the days that it does warm up or there’s more humidity in the air, I’m too embarrassed to show my legs. But I have learned some tricks over the years that have helped ease my discomfort and help restore moisturize to my dry skin. If you’re struggling with this too, here are 5 Tips to Heal Dry Skin.
5 Tips to Heal Dry Skin
1. Drink lots of water. I don’t know about you but when the weather is cooler, I’m more prone to grab an extra cup of coffee to warm up (and also dehydrate myself just a little bit more) than reaching for a bottle of water. Drinking (8) 8 ounce glasses of water a day or more will help your skin stay moisturized. Sometimes it’s hard to drink plain so I like to infuse it with fresh fruit. 2. Avoid hot baths, showers, and hot tubs. There’s nothing I like more after a long day than soaking in a steaming hot bath but this zaps even more moisture out of your already dry skin.
3. Look for unscented body products or those with limited alcohol content that will only dry your skin out more.
4. Instead of applying lotion to your skin when it’s dry, apply Curél Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer to your wet skin immediately after bathing. You don’t need to rinse off after applying either, just towel dry as normal. Curél Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer glides on smooth, absorbs immediately penetrating your skin’s surface and helping to heal the moisture barrier. At first, it seemed weird to add lotion before drying off, but I stuck with it and soon realized it made a difference. I love how much better my skin feels when I use this product! It’s moisturizing without having a greasy residue, and also I like the fact that it’s dermatologist recommended so I don’t have to worry about my skin breaking out. Using it daily I noticed the rough patches I had are gone, and my skin feels smoother and looks more hydrated. No more embarrassment over my legs in the warm weather!
5. Change how you dry your body after bathing. Instead of using an aggressive rubbing motion, lightly dab at your skin, or allow your body to air dry.
Please share your best tip for healing dry skin. Each comment will automatically be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card and one reader will be selected randomly by the client to win!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 3/2-3/31
Be sure to visit the brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!