I love hot wings. Love them. I don’t know how many anniversaries, special occasions, and random nights out have spent eating wings.
As is the case with a lot of my recipes, they’re born out of an accident. I get a craving and come up with a new way to present it. Last week I somehow got it into my head I wanted pasta. I knew there was a batch of sauce in the freezer but when I checked the pantry we didn’t have pasta. So, I scrapped that idea.
I finally came up with a recipe when I started working backward from the protein and cheese I did have and from there, the ideas started flowing. I could do some sort of club type pizza with turkey bacon but that didn’t sound very appetizing either.
I finally settled on making Buffalo Chicken Pizza. While I had never personally attempted it, my husband had with moderate success so I was feeling I might be able to pull this off. I did a variation of my Buffalo Chicken Bites recipe and threw it on a pizza. And you know what?! My spur of the moment idea ended up being a success!
- Pizza Crust Mix or Pre-made Crust
- 1/2 c. Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce (my new favorite)
- 8 oz. Colby Jack cheese (you could also use cheddar or a mix of other cheeses)
- (1) boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- Ranch Dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare pizza crust according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on stove.
- Toss chicken in wing sauce and set aside.
- Brush ranch dressing on pizza crust. Use as little or as much as you like.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over crust.
- Drain excess sauce of chicken and evenly place on top of cheese.
- Bake pizza for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is brown.