This Chocolate Coffee Truffle recipe has sponsored by Dunkin’ Donuts®, WhiteWave and compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateWithCoffee #CollectiveBias
Lately my husband and I have been looking to cut our expenses and save more money lately. We’ve been looking at where we spend our money and looking to the future and places we can save.
Two of our biggest non-bill items each month are eating out and our grocery bill. We started going through receipts and trying to identify the items we can either cut from our grocery bill or swap for a cheaper alternative. We also looked at simple ways we can cut our eating out budget without effecting our social life.
One of the themes between the two categories was how much money we were spending on coffee. We like a good cup of coffee. A really good cup of coffee.
Thankfully when I was at Target, I found a solution to both of our problems. On those days, we’re in a hurry we can use our Dunkin’ Donuts® Original Blend K-Cups and the Dunkin Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer instead of cruising through the drive-thru at the actual restaurant. Since our new fridge has a built-in Keurig that can start boiling water right from your phone, it’s an even faster and easier way to get the coffee we love in a hurry when we’re on the go. Then on the days we’re at home, we can use the Dunkin’ Donuts® Pumpkin Pre-pack Bag instead. It might take a little longer to brew but tastes just as good and is budget-friendly!
With the holidays here, and all of this recent focus on coffee, I’m using it as a mid-day or after dinner pick-me-up to make it through all that needs to be done each day. One of those nighttime coffee breaks led to the inspiration for this year’s girl’s night cookie exchange – Chocolate Coffee Truffles!
There’s bound to be the usual suspects at the exchange – the chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodle cookies, and fudge. But nothing can compete with this Chocolate Coffee Truffles recipe.
Think about it. What two things do women love more than coffee and chocolate?!
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. Dunkin' Donuts® Extra Extra Coffee Creamer
- 2 tbsp. Dunkin' Donuts® Original Blend Pre-pack coffee grounds
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional: cocoa or espresso powder to roll your truffles in
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir creamer and coffee grounds into butter, stirring often.
- When mix starts to boil, remove from heat and using a fine mesh, metal strainer to remove a majority of the coffee grounds, pour over chocolate chips.
- Whisk chocolate truffle mix until everything is well combined and smoothish (there's will be some flecks from the coffee grounds that remained).
- Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a metal baking sheet with wax paper and using a cookie scoop, create your truffle balls.
- Depending on the temperature your truffles may spread. Don't worry, reshape into balls and continue to refrigerate for several hours until they're firm and ready to serve!
Ready to make your own Chocolate Coffee Truffles Recipe?! Save on all the products you need with these offers! Save on a variety of Coffee Creamers with this Target Cartwheel offer . Save 5% on Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee with this Target Cartwheel offer. Save 5% on Folgers Coffee with this Target Cartwheel offer. Check out the Target website for more inspiration and recipe: http://cbi.as/64ube!
What sweet treat recipes do you make to enjoy the holidays?