This Easy Baked Caprese Stuffed Chicken Recipe is a sponsored post on behalf of Harvest, makers of organic soil. All opinions are my own. #TheHarvestEffect
When we moved to Texas one of the most exciting thing we added to our house shortly after moving in, was a garden. While we had never gardened before, there’s just something so alluring about spending time outside tending to and caring for fruits, veggies, and herbs that we eventually eat. Just the thought of being able to go outside and pluck something up to toss into a salad or other recipe was enough to make us want to learn how to be successful backyard gardeners.
Learning how to garden in Central Texas without any experience presented its own challenges. The westside of Austin is on the edge of the Hill Country and has a lot of limestone so gardening in the native soil isn’t ideal…at least for us amateurs. Instead, we took to building four raised garden beds so we could control the type and quality of soil we were dealing with. We also knew we wanted to go with organic soil so we could be in control of what was getting into our food so we opted for Harvest’s Organic Raised Bed Mix.
Harvest is “clean” dirt to help your garden grow without any added chemicals, pesticides, or preservatives. The brand recycles food scraps and turns it into organic gardening products. So the food scraps you throw away today, can help become the dirt you grow produce in tomorrow.
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as cooking with food straight from the garden. There’s a peace of mind that comes with knowing on those nights you forget to meal plan, you don’t have to scramble to the store. You can just head to your backyard and grab some fresh ingredients to complete your meal.
One of my go to summer dishes that takes food from my little urban farm to my table uses fresh basil and vine ripened tomatoes is this Easy Baked Caprese Stuffed Chicken recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1 large tomato
- 8 basil leaves, sliced in half
- 1 c.+1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Create a pocket in each chicken breast by slicing from the thinnest edge towards the thickest being careful not to go all the way through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the pocket with two slices of mozzarella, a slice of tomato, and two pieces of basil.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil and ¼ cup balsamic vinegar over chicken and bake until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar and honey in a small saucepan and allow to boil. Once it has started boiling, lower the heat and simmer while continuing to stir until the mixture has reduced to around ⅓ to ½ cup.
- Once chicken is done, plate and finish with an additional tomato slice, slice of basil, and a spoon of balsamic reduction drizzled over top.
For your next summer party or anytime you’re craving something fresh and flavorful, this delicious Easy Baked Caprese Stuffed Chicken recipe never disappoints!
Start growing your own veggies, fruits, and herbs using Harvest organic soils from Lowe’s and do your part in helping create a more sustainable planet. With three types of organic soil to choose from, there’s something for every gardening project. Stay up to date on all of the latest from Harvest by following the brand on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and checking out their website!