Today is Black Friday, the official kickoff to the holiday shopping season. Honestly, I’m appalled at how Thanksgiving is quickly turning into the kickoff. A holiday spent with family to reflect on our blessings and all that we are thankful for, has slowly started diminishing as retailers are encouraging shoppers to begin spending money earlier and earlier.
Spend Thanksgiving Day with your family! There’s no need to rush your Thanksgiving feast and limit time with family in order to fight crowds of other eager shoppers clamoring to save a few dollars. Deals abound online and from what I’ve seen, some are even better than the limited quantities available during restricted hours.
I love to save time and money by shopping on eBay. I love that you can buy new items for a discount by using the Buy It Now or through an auction. There’s something pretty exhilarating about bidding on items too. I check auctions obsessively using the eBay app on my phone when there’s something I’ve put a bid on something. I don’t want to risk losing out on that perfect item just because I’m not home or sitting in front of my computer.
I started preparing my shopping list early this year with a little inspiration from the eBay gift guide. Just check out all the ideas I have for my family and ideas you could use for your gift recipients too. **This is a wishlist of items – not the items that I’m actually gifting them. That would ruin the surprise for those that I exchange with.**
1. For my Husband: Lego Star Wars Set (my husband has actually asked for this too)
2. For Mom: Kate Spade Handbag
3. For Dad: Keurig Coffee Maker
4. For Grandma: KitchenAid Stand Mixer
5. For Grandpa: Samsung HDTV
6. For Uncle John: Apple iPhone 5
7. For my soon-to-be 4 year old Daughter: Disney Princess Toddler Dolls
8. For my soon-to-be 9 month old Daughter: Leapfrog Music Table
9. For my In-laws: Acer Aspire Laptop
10. For my Grandma in Florida: An Apple iPad 4th generation so she can easily keep in touch and video chat with her great-grand daughters.
With two little ones and a very busy schedule, I find it easiest to avoid the bricks and mortar stores and do my holiday shopping exclusively online. It doesn’t matter if the only time you can find to shop is when you’re in your pajamas without makeup – there’s always time to fit in shopping online either through your computer or through the app with eBay.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of eBay. I received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.