These Tips for Making Learning Fun with M&M’s is part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias on behalf of their client.
Like any mom, I’m convinced my children are super smart. The problem is my almost 5 year old, Cakes, is also strong willed. Which means trying to expand her mind at home with things like workbooks is usually a no go. I’m always on the search for creative ways to make learning fun. And like any child, Cakes loves candy. If given the option of any snack at the checkout, she’ll always choose M&M’s. She loves them so much, we even used them for a little positive reinforcement while potty training.
What better way to use the colorful and delicious candies, than to use them to make learning more fun?! Once we started playing with the M&M’s, the learning possibilities were endless.
1. First, we used the M&M’s for categorizing. Cakes separated each of the colors into their own containers. This was also a good exercise in estimation. When looking into the bag Cakes guessed that there were more red than any other color. But after separating the colors out she was able to see that there were considerably more green and orange M&M’s.
You might notice the brown M&M’s are missing from this pic. Cakes loves rainbows so decided to use the browns for snacking while she sorted. There were fewer brown M&M’s in the bag than any other colors.
2. Next we used M&M’s to work on creating letters and numbers. Cakes had a great time spelling her name and other sight words she knows, as well as practicing her letters and numbers.
3. Finally, the entire family got in on the action and created a game of pixel art Pictionary. Each person took turns creating a pixel art image while the others tried to guess the picture. It was such a fun learning experience that the whole family enjoyed.
M&M’s aren’t just a great tool for making learning fun, when combined with Forza 5 they make the perfect Christmas gift for men.
Gaming with M Pixel Art Contest
Are you ready to create your own pixel art images (sprites) using M&M’s? Make sure you enter for your chance to win an amazing Xbox One gaming with M pack grand prize!
- Create your own M&M’s pixel art image and upload a pic to Instagram.
- Tag your image with #FueledbyMM and #contest and post the image on Instagram and Twitter.
- One lucky M&M Pixel Artist will win the new Xbox One Gaming with M Pack which includes: a new Xbox One Gaming System, Forza 5 Motorsport game, and a 14 oz. bag of M&M’s OR cash equivalent…around $600 value!
- Enter to win between 12/4-12/18.
- Lucky winner will be chosen at random.
Make sure to take advantage of the awesome Buy, Snap, Redeem promotion that’s currently running.
- Buy the Forza Motorsport 5 game for Xbox One.
- Buy a participating M&M’s product (participating products include: M&M’s Peanut 42oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s Milk 42oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s Peanut Butter 38oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s Pretzel 30oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s Peanut 19.2oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s Milk 19.2oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s Peanut Butter 18.4oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s Pretzel 15.4oz Large Laydown Bag). Total M&M’s purchase must be at least $8 to redeem offer.
- Snap a photo of qualifying items on the receipt with your phone and text it to 811811. Be sure to include the code M&M with the picture of your receipt. Game and M&M’s must be purchased on the same receipt. If you have additional items on your receipt, make sure to circle the game and M&M’s.
- Redeem: You will receive a response to your text with a code valid for a $10 eGift card to Walmart.
What type of pixel art image would you create with M&M’s?