Are you noticing a theme here? I almost always gravitate towards recipes that are easy. Why waste time spending hours in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove when you can produce some delicious dishes with far less effort.
This easy overnight breakfast casserole recipe might not be gourmet, but it is quite filling and always a crowd pleaser. It’s our go to dish for holidays and when we have guests visiting.
What’s always made this easy recipe even better is that you can prep it the night before and then pop it into the oven when the next morning. But it gets better! That sausage I used in my Easy Dirty Rice recipe is the perfect addition to this recipe as well because who doesn’t need more sausage in their life?!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- In an ungreased 8x8 baking dish, spread sausage and onions evenly on the bottom. Press down with the back side of a spatula to ensure a "crust" is created.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then add all other ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture slowly over sausage/onion mix.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In the morning, you'll set your dish out to warm up (if it's glass so that it doesn't crack) while the oven is preheating to 425 degrees .
- Bake for 10 minutes @ 425 degrees, then another 45-55 minutes @ 350 degrees. Stick a toothpick in the center to make sure it is cooked all the way through. If the eggs still haven't set, continue cooking and check every 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Remember every oven is different so your cooking time may vary.
- **This can also be prepared in a 9x13 baking dish with great results but will result in thinner portions.