Take the guesswork out of things and maximize your monthly budget with these 5 Subscriptions Worth the Money!
In an effort to make sure our family isn’t spending any more than absolutely necessary each month, I like to periodically evaluate which subscriptions are worth the money.
Everyone gets comfortable with the subscriptions that they have, but have you really spent the time to look at how they’re working for you? I’ve gone through all of mine and have come up with 5 Subscriptions Worth the Money + 1 Membership Everyone Needs!
5 Subscriptions Worth the Money
1. Spotify. Listening to the radio or even CDs is so 10 years ago. Now you can enjoy all of your favorite music, right when you want it with a Spotify premium app. I hate paying for anything that isn’t necessary but the flexibility it gives to stream music on the go or from our Amazon Echo or Google Home is just too convenient.
2. iCloud. Take it from someone that’s been robbed and also had an icy beverage dumped all over her laptop, you need to backup your devices or you’ll regret it. We’re a Mac family, so iCloud is the easy solution for us. All of my photos are added into the photo library on my MacBook Air and then automatically uploaded to the cloud where I can access them from my phone or the webpage. It’s just so easy to back up your photos or your entire phone with iCloud.
3. Netflix. Long gone are the days of Blockbuster and Hollywood Video. People every day are making the choice to cut the cord with cable and find a solution that works for their tastes and lifestyle. Whether you’re wanting to binge watch a show, check out a Netflix original series, or relax by enjoying one of your favorite movies, Netflix is the way to go. Memberships are very reasonable starting at just $7.99 and can be watched at home and on the go from multiple devices. If you’ve ever heard the phrase binge watch, Netflix is where it all started.
4. Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime, how I love you so. Our courtship has been going on for more than 10 years and you continually find ways to make me love you more. Unlimited free two day shipping may be my most used perk, but unlimited streaming, access to the Kindle library, Amazon music, Audible, and same day shipping have quickly made me swoon over your awesomeness even more. If you’re thinking about cutting the cord from cable, between Netflix and Amazon Prime – you’ll be covered!
5. Instacart. Oh Instacart, what did we ever do without you? I’ll tell you what this mama did. Go to the store nearly every day because she was always forgetting something or trying to get in and out with two kids in tow and didn’t want to conquer the entire shopping list in one trip. Those days are over. Now I can hop on my computer (or phone – there’s an app for that) and order the groceries that I want and have them delivered directly to my door. I can’t begin to tell you how convenient it is to not run out of items and be able to do something else, anything else, while someone is shopping for my groceries. And all of the items I’ve previously ordered are right there so I can easily scroll through my list and reorder our household staples. Place your order, select your delivery window, and you’ll get text notifications from the Instacart shopper if they’re out of an item and if any substitutions need to take place. What’s not to love?!
BONUS #6. I didn’t include this in the original list because this one isn’t technically a subscription but a membership. However, for my money, a gym membership is so worth the monthly fee but only is you use it. The group classes are definitely my jam because it feels like personal training without the crazy expense. I’ll share a list of the best group fitness classes at Gold’s Gym in another post. If you’re skeptical of group fitness classes or if you’d even go to the gym, get a free 2 week guest pass and try things out before committing! You might be pleasantly surprised.
I’ve shared my picks for 5 Subscriptions Worth the Money, do you have any others to add?