With the hustle and bustle and all that’s going on in my life right now, I’m trying to choose fast and easy projects this Easter so that I can still help make the holiday fun for my family without sacrificing quality time with them. That’s why for my daughter’s preschool I elected to make an oldie but a favorite from year’s past – dipped pretzel rods!
But I didn’t just dip the pretzel rods and call it a day. Instead I rolled the pretzel rods in some pastel sprinkles for a colorful burst and a fun way to take this from an everyday treat to a themed Easter dessert.
And with just a change of the sprinkles or color of your candy melt, you can make these dipped pretzel rods for any holiday or occasion. This is such an easy, standby dessert, that looks harder than it is.
These dipped pretzel rods are the perfect treat when you want something a little salty and a little sweet. But beware, these are addictive so I challenge you to just have one!
Decorated Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Pretzel Rods
- Candy Melts
- Pastel sprinkles or jimmies
- Heat candy melts according to directions.
- Dip as much of the pretzel rod as you can into candy melt container.
- There are two ways you can apply the sprinkles or jimmies. You can gently shake the sprinkles over the pretzel rods to evenly coat the surface or you can pour some of the sprinkles onto a plate and then roll the pretzel rods on the plate.
- You can enjoy this special treat immediately or allow candy melts to set completely on a piece of wax paper, foil, or parchment paper.
- It’s best to store these in an airtight container or storage bag to avoid staleness.
What are you making for dessert this Easter? For more ideas, you can also try these Cadbury Chocolate Creme Egg Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting or Easter Jell-O Pastel Cookies.