This Hatch Chile Mac & Cheese recipe was sponsored by Twang.
The Big Game has finally arrived. It's always bittersweet when this day rolls around because on one hand it's this epic battle of the two best teams in the NFL going head to head to see who is the best. And on the other, it marks the end of another football season and a long six months before even the pre-season games start up again.
But whether you're watching the Big Game or only there for the commercials, you still need the right food to go with it. Every Big Game party has the usual suspects like dips and chili, but something you can make that will steal the show without fear of competition is another show stopper.
I'm talking about mac & cheese. Because seriously, who doesn't like this childhood favorite?!
But I'm from Texas and in Texas everything, even the mac & cheese is done a little differently. For me, the spicier the better and one of my favorite parts of year that you may not known about unless you're from/have visited the New Mexico/Texas area, is Hatch Chile season. Now the problem with Hatch peppers is they're only available for a short period so if you don't plan ahead but fire roasting and freezing, you have to resort to other means to get this amazing flavor throughout the year.
So when Twang, the makers of ZAS! Hatch Chile Super Seasoning reached out to me to try their Hatch Chile Mac & Cheese recipe I was definitely game. Y'all know that I pride myself on my recipes that are easy, yet flavorful and this one is full of bold flavor, a little bit of spice, and a whole lot of cheese that you need to try!
ZAS! Hatch Green Chile Mac & Cheese
- Set oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to box till Al Dente
- In a small bowl toss together melted butter, bread crumbs and 2 tsp ZAS Hatch Chile Super Seasoning and set aside
- In a medium saucepan melt 3 tbps butter. Add flour and whisk until roux paste forms. Slowly add milk and wisk until slight boil begins
- Remove milk mixture from heat add in all three cheeses, Hatch green chiles, and 2 tsp ZAS Hatch Chile Super Seasoning. Stir until melted.
- In large bowl pour cheese mixture over cooked drained pasta and stir until combined.
- Spray a 9X13 cooking pan and fill with macaroni. Sprinkle panko bread crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes then broil for 2-3. Serve immediately.
You can find ZAS! super seasoning to spice up your next recipe at Zas.net or Fiesta Mart stores in Texas. Make sure to stay up with all the recipes and news from ZAS! by following the brand on Facebook and liking them on Twitter!