This Minions Birthday Party Breakfast post featuring Illumination Entertainment's Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
Why would I possibly be jealous? Because not only do I have the typical holiday planning stress, I also have my oldest daughter, Cakes, and husband's birthdays within the same week of Christmas.
A triple whammy of holidays so close together is enough to get my blood pressure up. There are just so many things I want to get done.
This may come as a shock but until this past weekend, neither of my girls had had an actual birthday party with friends. In the past, we've done the family only parties but last year our oldest asked why she didn't get a party like so many of her friends do.
<insert face palm here>
I felt horrible that she was now feeling so left out and promised this year she'd have her party. We were never intentionally withholding a birthday party but with her special day so close to Christmas the logistics just seemed to be too much.
Would people be traveling? Have family in from out of town? Would anyone even show up? With some advance planning, I was able to send out invitations to everyone in advance (think wedding early) and throw a successful party.
But then came another struggle, now that we'd had a party weeks before her birthday, how did we make her actual birthday special? We weren't planning to have a full on second party, but something special and memorable she could share with just the family or even a few of her close friends.
During one of my many recent Target runs, I snagged a copy of the new Minions movie that we hadn't yet seen. While there I decided to make this movie the centerpiece of her special birthday party.
Our elf, Trixie, helped to set the stage by bringing both of the girls Minions PJs she picked up on that same shopping trip and delivered them the day before the party, so when they woke up they were ready to go!
- Place a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt yellow candy melts according to the package directions.
- Dip entire strawberry up to the stem into the yellow candy melts. Allow any excess to drip back into the bowl before transferring to the wax paper.
- Repeat until all of your strawberries are yellow and allow to dry.
- Meanwhile, melt the blue candy melts according to the package directions.
- Once the yellow candy is thoroughly dry, dip the bottom 1/3 of the strawberry into the blue candy melts. Again, allow the excess to drop off before before moving.
- Repeat process until all of your strawberries are 2/3 yellow and the bottom 1/3 is blue.
- Carefully dip the candy eyes into the yellow candy melts and press firmly to stick to the strawberry.
- Repeat using one eye or two for the remaining strawberries.
- Finally, using thing black icing or an edible marker draw those minions some mouths!
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Make a hole in the center and mix in all other ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Funnel pancake batter into an empty condiment squeeze bottle.
- Lightly spray a griddle and let heat to medium high.
- Follow the video tutorial below creating your very own Minion pancakes.
- Tip: it helps to sketch out your design ahead of time!
Whether you decide to have your own Minions Birthday Party Breakfast or just breakfast for dinner while watching the new movie, these pancakes will definitely bring a smile to anyone's face!