This Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe is a seriously easy dessert recipe. You get all the flavor of a traditional pumpkin pie without in less time. It doesn’t get any easier than this pumpkin dump cake with yellow cake mix for your Thanksgiving dessert.
Growing up in a family with working parents, my parents spent most of their time away from work together as a family. Having lots of together was nice, but it also meant a lot of eating out and convenience foods. As a family of three, labor-intensive dinners or homemade treats was never a priority.
Most of my culinary skills evolved after getting married. That means I’ve experienced lots of trial and error, successes and failures. While it’s no fun to experience a total fail in the kitchen, I have learned some valuable things along the way.
For a pre-Thanksgiving dessert this year, I whipped up a delicious pumpkin pie dump cake. If you’re looking for something different than a traditional pumpkin pie, or even if you’re looking for something less labor intensive or for fewer dishes to clean, you should definitely check out this easy Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe!
How to Make Pumpkin Dump Cake
Pumpkin Dump Cake
This Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe is a seriously easy dessert recipe. You get all the flavor of a traditional pumpkin pie without all the time mixing and baking. It doesn't get any easier than this pumpkin dump cake with yellow cake mix for your Thanksgiving dessert.
- 1 29 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c. white sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix together pumpkin puree, sugars, eggs, vanilla, milk pumpkin pie spice, and half the cake mix together; spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Evenly pour remaining dry cake mix over top of pumpkin mixture and drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake in prepared dish for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Have you tried making a dump cake recipe before?
More Pumpkin Recipes
Now that you’ve made this easy pumpkin dessert recipes, you should try out these others!
- Pumpkin cheesecake brownies recipe
- Pumpkin chocolate cheesecake muffins
- Pumpkin gingerbread pudding recipe
For more fall dessert inspiration, try this Apple Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream Frosting recipe!