I'm a sucker for a slice of Key Lime Pie. The sweet, creamy, tart goodness in each bite is definitely worth indulging in. Blame it on my Florida roots planted several generations deep or maybe on my love of things that master the delicate balance of sour and sweet. Either way, this is the perfect dessert to keep summer alive as the weather cools. An authentic key lime pie recipe from a Florida-born girl is something not given away very easily – our family secret is now revealed!
Quick and Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 9 in. graham cracker crust
- (2) 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. key lime juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lime zest
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream, lime zest, lime slices
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime juice, and lime zest.
- Pour filling into graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes (times will vary based on your oven). Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes before refrigerating.
- Serve cold.
What's your favorite pie?