Unsure what to pack in a beach bag this summer? Here are the 5 sunscreens everyone needs in their beach bag!
5 Sunscreens Everyone Needs in Their Beach Bag
1. Facial sunscreen stick for kids/adult and/or moisturizer with SPF. Have you ever tried applying sunscreen to a toddler’s face? It inevitably gets in their eyes whether you use a lotion (which always takes way too long) or with the spray. Solution – facial sunscreen sticks. These amazing little wonders go on clear and allow you to get those hard to reach spots like under the eyes without burning! You can use these for yourself if you want to, or if you have sensitive skin like me, just use your regular daily moisturizer if it has SPF built into it.
2. Spray sunscreen. As a general rule for kids, spray sunscreen is so much easier to apply. There’s less waiting, less rubbing, less headache. I keep a couple of different brands around based on the situation.
- Cooling sensation spray sunscreen. My husband heats up pretty quickly so he likes a cooling spray sunscreen like Banana Boat.
- Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport spray sunscreen. For the girls and myself, we like the smell of Hawaiian Tropic (both varieties they make), however, the Island Sport version is water and sweat resistant while the Silk Hydration is only water resistant.
- Bull Frog Mosquito Coast Spray Sunscreen. On days the mosquitos are bad, this sunscreen is great because it also has mosquito repellent built in so it pulls double duty.
3. Lotion sunscreen. Now you may be asking yourself, with all of those spray sunscreens why do you need a lotion too? If you’ve ever been to the beach on a windy day and ended up with a horrible, streaky sunburn then you know exactly the reason why. Lotion sunscreens aren’t ideal with little kids, but on a windy day you can make sure they’re protected with even coverage.
4. Wet sunscreen. If you’ve never used one before, wet sunscreens are a bit on the pricey side but they are easy to apply and you don’t have to wait before getting back to having fun. While there are adult and child versions of wet sunscreens, if you have kids at home you might as well just buy the kid version. It may have a higher SPF but it’s usually tear-free and I rarely find myself or my husband using it and it works when we need it.
5. Lip balm with SPF. When applying sunscreen, how often do we neglect putting it on our lips because of the taste? Hawaiian Tropic has this amazingly scented lip balm that protects your lips and doesn’t taste terrible.
I keep all of my sunscreens in one place in my beach bag by putting them in a gallon sized slider storage bag. Everyone in the family knows where everything is and I can easily move the bag from place to place as needed!
Now that you have know the 5 sunscreens everyone needs in their beach bag, check out the 5 Best Beach Picnic Ideas!
Need some travel inspiration for your next beach trip? Check out my wanderlust travel love board with lots of tips, tricks, and ideas on Pinterest.