Make a batch of covered pretzels for yourself or give them as a fun Valentine's Day treat! Read on for the easy recipe and some decorating tips.
A Super Easy Valentine's Day Treat
Valentine's Day snuck up on me this year. The holiday is only days away and I still haven't gotten much decorating done, cards ready to mail out, or school Valentines ready to go.
Upon realizing how close Valentine's Day really is, I did, decide to make a fun snack for my girls. And maybe me too.
I love fast recipes and the mix of salty and sweet things, so covered pretzels definitely fit the bill. Valentine's Day covered pretzels are super easy, festive, and look like they take a lot more work than they actually do.
Covered Pretzel Serving Ideas
There are lots of ways you can eat and give these as gifts. Be creative! If you come up with a different idea, let me know. I might even feature it.
- Valentine's Day lunchbox – pack them in your child's lunchbox to spread a bit of love
- After school snack – share them on a tray for a fun surprise after school
- Teacher's gift – tell your child's teacher how much they are appreciated
- Treat Yourself – Give yourself a little treat. Even wrap them up as a gift for yourself, you deserve it!
You only need a few things to make these adorable snacks! Here is the full list:
- White Candy Melts
Covered Pretzels Decorating Ideas
If you are running low on creativity, here are some ideas that I enjoyed and you will too.
- Red and white sprinkles – this is what I did in these pictures. They are so beautiful
- White with pink candy melts – drizzle melted pink frosting or candy melts in swirls on the white pretzels.
- Half white half pink – dip half the pretzel in white candy melts and the other half in pink candy melts
- Fondant Heart – For the extra zealous, cut out heart shapes from fondant and stick them on the pretzels before the candy melts harden.
How to make chocolate covered pretzels with candy melts?
To make white chocolate covered pretzels with candy melts, you'll heat candy melts in the microwave according to the package. Place on a spoon and dip completely in melted white chocolate until coated. Cover in sprinkles and then allow to try on wax paper, aluminum foil, or silicone baking mat. I like this one.
How to make white chocolate covered pretzels?
To make white chocolate covered pretzels, you can substitute white chocolate chips for the candy melts.
How long do chocolate covered pretzels last?
Chocolate covered pretzels will last for 3-4 weeks when stored in an airtight container.
Valentine's Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Here's a printable recipe card with all the details. If you make some, tag me on Instagram @LiveLoveTX so I can see!
Valentine's Day Candy Covered Pretzels
- Heat up candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip ⅔ of the pretzel into the candy melt container.
- Shake off excess candy coating so that it's not blocking the holes in the pretzel.
- Gently scrape the backside of the pretzel against the side of the container.
- Hold pretzel twist over bowl and shake sprinkles or colored sugar over entire pretzel covering all candy coating.
- These treats can be enjoyed immediately or, you can allow them to harden and set up on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil.
- For best results, store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
More Covered Pretzel Ideas
What's your favorite Valentine's Day snack?
Make sure to pin these white chocolate covered pretzels for later!