Valentine’s Day snuck up on me this year. The holiday is only days away and I still haven’t gotten much decorating done, cards ready to mail out, or school Valentines ready to go.
Upon realizing how close Valentine’s Day really is, I did, decide to make a fun snack for my girls. And maybe me too.
I love fast recipes and the mix of salty and sweet things, so covered pretzels definitely fit the bill. Valentine’s Day covered pretzels are super easy, festive, and look like they take a lot more work than they actually do.
These covered pretzels will also make for a fun lunchbox surprise or after school treat for little ones!
Valentine’s Day Covered Pretzels
Valentine's Day Candy Covered Pretzels
- Pretzels - mini twists
- White candy melts
- Assorted sprinkles and colored sugars
- Heat up candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip ⅔ of the pretzel into the candy melt container.
- Shake off excess candy coating so that it's not blocking the holes in the pretzel.
- Gently scrape the backside of the pretzel against the side of the container.
- Hold pretzel twist over bowl and shake sprinkles or colored sugar over entire pretzel covering all candy coating.
- These treats can be enjoyed immediately or, you can allow them to harden and set up on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil.
- For best results, store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day snack?