If your kids are anything like my Cakes, getting them to eat vegetables is one of the most difficult food challenges you face. The key to getting Cakes to eat these muffins are to call them cupcakes – she'll eat anything labeled as a cupcake as long as the veggies pieces are extremely fine and she doesn't know what she's eating. When you find a recipe that they will gladly eat and ask to eat more of, means you've got a keeper.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c. coconut oil (you could also use canola or vegetable oil)
- 1/2c. plain applesauce (if you only have apple cinnamon this will also work, just make sure to reduce the amount of cinnamon later in the recipe)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2c. shredded or pureed zucchini
- 1c. light brown sugar
- 2c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your muffin tin with liners or lightly mist with cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking.
- Place first five ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix until combined.
- Fill muffin tin 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool before removing from pan.