Spring in Texas is a lot like summer in some parts of the country which means bathing suit season is upon us. So with the temperatures already reaching the 80s this week, my go to lunch of choice is getting a lighter and fruity update for spring with this easy spring strawberry salad recipe.
Not everyone is a salad fan but even those claiming that lettuce is for rabbits will fall in love with this salad. I’m betting my non salad loving dad would even devour this salad because of the delectable combination of flavors and the star of the show…strawberries!
Don’t worry if it doesn’t feel like spring outside in your part of the country quite yet. You can start preparing your body and taste buds for warmer weather with this spring strawberry salad recipe now!
Fresh & Easy Spring Strawberry Salad Recipe
Yields: 1 serving
- 1.5 c. spring mix salad greens, prewashed
- 4 Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. Pecans, chopped
- 1/8 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, stir together the lettuce mix, strawberries, pecans, red onion, and feta cheese.
- Lightly drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss to evenly coat salad mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you’re craving meat, grilled slices of chicken breast would be a delicious addition, or if you’re in the mood for something a little heartier, check out this Steak Tostada Salad Recipe.