This Southern Biscuits and Sausage Gravy recipe is an easy breakfast and part of a partnered post on behalf of Collective Bias and their client. #TheWrightBreakfast #CollectiveBias
I’m all about easy recipes. With the chaos involved with getting two little ones ready for the day, this is more true in the morning more so than any other time. So, I rely on an easy breakfast to get us nourished and on with our day.
Far more mornings that I’d like to admit start out with a granola bar and yogurt. But on weekends and mornings where I wake up with a little extra time, I like to do something more involved than just opening packages on the way out the door. On those morning, I make a hot, homemade breakfast for my family.
A hot never never tastes better than on a really cold morning. We’ve been having some unseasonably cold weather here in Texas and last weekend before our second impending “snow” in only four days, I decided it was best to stock up just in case. Last Sunday after church, I made a quick stop at Sam’s Club to stock up on my favorite coffee and some Wright Brand sausage patties. I already love the Wright Brand bacon, so I knew the sausage just had to be tasty as well. If we were going to be homebound, I figured I might as well enjoy the extra time in the kitchen.
Growing up, one of my husband’s favorite recipes was biscuits and gravy. To this day, whenever my mother-in-law comes to visit she treats him to this childhood favorite. After almost 13 years of marriage, I’ve learned to make my mother-in-law’s sausage gravy and some homemade biscuits to go with it.
Check out what an easy breakfast my Southern Biscuits and Sausage Gravy recipe is!
- 2⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- ½ cup butter (cold)
- 1⅓ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Only until combined, do not over mix.
- Cut in the butter until the butter is in small pieces and the mix is crumbly.
- Stir in milk a little at a time until the dough bowl begins forming in the middle of the bowl.
- Flour a hard surface, place dough on top, and knead. You'll only want to do this enough times so that the dough is easy to work with.
- Roll dough flat until about 1 inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut biscuits and place onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and the edges are lightly browning.
- 7 Wright Brand sausage patties, or about a pound
- 2 cups milk
- 2.5 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Cook sausage until brown.
- Add all ingredients to skillet and reduce heat to medium low.
- Whisk until desired consistency.
Wright Brand In-Store Demos at Sam’s Club
Select Sam’s Club stores will be having in-store demos on February 6 and 7. Learn more about all the delicious Wright Brand sausage and bacon products available by checking out their website! To stay up to date on all of the latest event and happenings, follow Wright Brand on Twitter and like them on Facebook.
Are you a fan of biscuits and sausage gravy? What’s your favorite easy breakfast recipe?