Did you know that when you have kids, the holiday season officially begins in October? It’s a nonstop whirlwind of decorations and festivities that won’t end until after the start of the new year.
Here it is a week before Halloween and I’m still finding decorations that need to be put up before next Friday, only to be taken down again soon after and replaced with a more holiday neutral/autumn theme. And before you know it, the decor will be changing once again to Christmas decorations.
Fall is also the time of year that I allow myself more time in the kitchen to bake delicious treats. And a lot of those recipes involves pumpkins or apples. Surprisingly though, I’m not a huge fan of traditional pumpkin pie. I could take it or leave honestly and so could my girls. So for the last few years I’ve been making Pumpkin Dump Cake and that’s something everyone in the family loves! Even the girls.
From top left to right, you can find the recipes seen in the 20 Alternatives to Pumpkin Pie image below.
- Whipped Pumpkin Spice Mousse
- No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
- Pumpkin Ale Cupcakes with Streusel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Flan
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Custard with Marscapone Cream
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Banana Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Salted Caramel Swirl Cheesecake
- Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Kahlua Cupcakes
What’s your favorite fall dessert recipe?