Moist and delicious Double Chocolate Frosted Brownies recipe. Warning: you may experience chocolate overload!
Double Chocolate Frosted Brownies Recipe
Growing up both of my parents worked outside of the home. Since my mom worked all day when she came home cooking elaborate recipes were the last thing on her mind.
We did a lot of dining out and ate ready-made convenience foods when we were at home. In those days, it might have been tempting to run to the store and pick up a ready-made batch of cookies or brownies.
For the most part, I do remember making them at home. While the brownies were always from a box mix, it was still semi-homemade and to this day brownies never cease to remind me of this childhood favorite.
As an adult, some days I feel tempted to just stop by a bakery and pick up a pre-made dessert to take to an event but more times than not I talk myself out of it. Last week I was signed up to bring the dessert to a church meeting.
Brady put in the request for frosted brownies. Because of an already busy morning at her kindergarten field day, I almost drove to the bakery but talked myself out of it and went to work in the kitchen instead.
Did you know today is National Chocolate Day? There's no better way to celebrate than with these moist and delicious Double Chocolate Frosted Brownies!
You might also like these Unicorn Brownies as well! Tie dye frosting with sprinkles and chocolate. What could be better?!
How to Make Double Chocolate Frosted Brownies
Double Chocolate Frosted Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 cup of unsalted butter. Remove from heat, then stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 20 minutes before frosting.
- Combine the milk, butter, vanilla, and sugar together in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 1 minute and turn off burner.
- Add chocolate chips and stir continuously until melted.
- Immediately pour over brownies.