This blog post was sponsored by Stonefire but the opinions are completely my own based on experience. #HelloNaan
The big game is coming up in less than a week! Just because you haven’t planned a party to celebrate doesn’t mean there’s not enough time to still have one.
Y’all know I’m a hard core football fan and while my team didn’t make it to the Big Game this year, I can’t pass up the opportunity to host a party, whip up some tasty recipes, and watch the last football game of the season.
Aside from a TV to watch the game, there are 3 Big Game Party Tips that everyone needs to know about.
Friends. In my opinion this is probably the easiest one… provided you already have friends, if not you may need to hustle for such a tight turnaround. A Facebook invite or group text will reach a lot of people at one time so you can see who’s coming. Personally, I prefer Facebook invites because you don’t have to scroll back through messages to see who is coming and people can leave comments with what they’re bringing so others can easily see and you don’t end up with six bags of chips and no drinks.
Food. Food can seem super complicated if you let it but planning for a football party is easier than you think. Potlucks are definitely the way to go, but as the host you need to provide your guests with some easy to eat and majorly satisfying snacks. I love hot wings, but it’s a lot of work and a lot of messiness to prep these at home. Instead whipping up this Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes recipe will give you all of the flavor you need in individual portions! Using Stonefire Naan bread as the base is a great way to create a cupcake type exterior to hold in the delicious combination of chicken, Buffalo sauce, and all the cheeses (cream, cheddar, and blue)!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Stonefire Original Mini naan
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- Optional: green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until no longer pink.
- Remove from water and shred in food processor until shredded thoroughly.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine chicken and cream cheese. Then add Buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese to mix.
- Half the Stonefire Original Mini naan and wrap one into a bowl shaped and place into each muffin tin opening.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of chicken mix into each naan bowl.
- Top with blue cheese (or extra cheddar cheese) and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with chopped green onions.
The possibilities for using Stonefire Naan are endless! Just see all of the delicious possibilities!
Festive decorations. Unless your team is playing in the Big Game, there’s really no reason to go all out with team specific decor. That still doesn’t mean that the party has to be ordinary or boring. Instead, opt for a green tablecloth (I prefer vinyl/plastic so they’re easier to clean) and team colored napkins or small accents for the table. Everyone is here for the game anyway (and the food) that the decorations are a nice bonus but not the main event. Leftover solid colored napkins are also way easier to recycle for other parties throughout the year!
Stonefire Naan is available at retailers near you like Publix, Ralphs, Ahold, and Giant! Don’t forget to print this coupon for shopping to save!
Do you have any suggestions for our next Big Game party?