The first holiday of summer will be here in just two short weeks! We'll be celebrating our country's independence and most of us will be enjoying a day off from work and spending lots of time with family and friends.
For me no holiday is complete without lots of yummy food. Of course the traditional grilled items but no meal would be complete without dessert. Especially on a holiday. And if it's easy to make too, all the better!
Inspired by the dipped pretzel rods I made that were such a hit as our Easter dessert, I decide to try them again for the 4th of July. If you're looking for an easy dessert to make for your 4th of July party, try these Patriotic Firecracker Dipped Pretzel Rods. They're perfectly portioned with just the right blend of salty and sweet.
Patriotic Firecracker Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Heat up the candy melts according to the package.
- Dip 2/3 of the pretzel into the candy melt container.
- Slowly spin the pretzel and allow the extra candy to swirl around the pretzel.
- Immediately shake sprinkles onto covered pretzel rod or roll pretzel rod on surface lined with sprinkles.
- These treats can be enjoyed immediately or, you can allow them to harden and set up on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil.
- For best results, store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
What are you having for your 4th of July dessert? Need more ideas? Check out my Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Fruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette recipe!