Everyone has that one chore that they can't stand. It's either something that they struggle with doing consistently or completing and thus are always behind or something that never gets done.
For me, it's laundry.
I've tried a couple of different approaches to deal with my laundry day issues and neither of those have helped.
The first one was trying to do a load of laundry every day so I'm always on top of it. This drove me crazy because even with a 5 year old fashionista that goes through a dozen wardrobe changes a day, we still don't have enough laundry for a full load each day and that just seems wasteful.
The other approach was holding off on laundry until I could do a bunch of it at one time and knock it all out at once. This one was obviously doomed from the start as washing, drying, folding/hanging, and putting away that much laundry would eat up an entire day.
It took me awhile (read 16 years of marriage) to get a hold of things, but I have learned along the way and am sharing 5 Tips to Get Laundry Done Fast. Because let's be real, who wants to do laundry every day or devote an entire day to doing laundry?!
5 Tips to Get Laundry Done Fast
1. Invest in a wheeled four section laundry sorter. I used to waste so much time sorting laundry before even being able to start the process of washing the clothes. That all changed when, I picked up this four bag laundry sorter. Now the entire family can place their clothes in the appropriate spot and when there's enough for a full load and there's no more carrying a load in your arms and dropping pieces along the way. Even better with the different bags, my husband can now help with the laundry without fear that he may be shrinking clothes that are hand wash only because they're in a separate bag. With this system the entire unit can be wheeled to the laundry room and I can do as many or as few loads as I have time for.
2. Skip the liquids. These days it's worth paying a little extra for having the convenience factor and popping a laundry detergent pod into the load instead of measuring out the detergent by hand. But did you know you can also do this to get keep your whites looking their whitest and brightest? With the new Carbona Super White, you just throw a sheet into the wash drum and you're ready to go.
For those afraid of traditional bleach because you'll inevitably end up spraying something with bleach you didn't intend to, these are perfect and such a timesaver! With no splashing, no dosing, and no bad odor it's a no brainer to getting laundry done fast!
3. Turn the end cycle sounds on. I know as well as anyone how annoying sounds can be from kids toys to Facebook notifications, it can be overwhelming. But if you want to get your laundry done fast, turn on the sounds on both your washer and your dryer so you can get in there as soon as the cycles are done to move loads around. This will also cut down on the number of wrinkles since your clothes won't have a chance to sit for long before they're folded or hung up.
4. Designate a spot to fold clothes. Having a spot already mapped out and prepped to do your laundry is key to getting it beyond just washed and dried to folded and hung up. If I put my clean laundry into a basket and move it into my bedroom, guess what? That's where it's going to stay indefinitely until we either wear all the clothes and they're ready to be washed again or they're wrinkled beyond recognition. As much as I don't like clutter out in the main living areas, taking laundry directly from the machine to my dining room table allows me to still be in a place I can keep an eye on the girls playing but also ensures I'll get the laundry folded because I don't want a neighbor popping in and seeing a mountain of laundry laying on the table. Not to mention needing to eat meals on the table. This has been a total game changer for me to get laundry done fast.
5. Have a place to dispose of lint in your laundry room. No matter the size of your laundry room, having a designated spot where you can dispose of lint after using the dryer will help you get laundry done fast because you won't be tempted to skip cleaning the lint trap or waste time walking back and forth to a wastebasket in another room.
No one wants to spend more time than they have to doing laundry. You can find all of the tools to get laundry done fast as well as other products like carpet cleaners, stain devils, and household cleaners to help clean up any other of life's messes with Carbona!
Looking for more tips on how to get laundry done fast? Follow me on Pinterest!