Who knew making cute homemade Valentine’s Day candy was so easy? With just a few ingredients you can make custom treats your little ones will love!
The struggle is real y’all. The struggle to find the perfect everything for Valentine’s Day – meals, cards, and gifts. I bought the cutest little printables on Etsy to use on homemade Valentine’s Day candy bags but my printer freaked out after only printing a set for Cupcake.
After a brief freak out, I realized that kids don’t care so much about the cards themselves…I mean they do, but let’s be real, the highlight is definitely the candy. With the sugar overload still lingering from Halloween and then Christmas, I’ve grown a little tired of the same old thing so this cute homemade Valentine’s Day candy is a welcome change for both me and my girls!
For this recipe, a Wilton Fondant Roller, Knife, and Peanut Butter Cups Candy Mold was used. However, these are all optional items and you could easily use a water glass, paring knife, and silicone baking cups placed in a cupcake tin instead!
Cute Homemade Valentine's Day Candy
- Microwave candy melts at 50% for 60 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
- Using a spoon, slowly pour candy melts halfway into each candy mold.
- Gently tap mold onto countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Place small candy hearts into a sealed plastic bag and crush with a spoon.
- Sprinkle crushed candy hearts into each mold.
- Cover with candy melts (to the top of the mold).
- Place mold in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Knead both colors of fondant, roll each color into a ball, and flatten with fondant roller.
- With the fondant knife, cut out L, O, V, E, (one set in each color).
- Tip: You can use a small frosting tip to cut out the O.
- Remove mold from the freezer.
- Add a small amount of the melted candy melts onto the back of each letter and gently press
- each letter onto candies.
- Add a small amount of candy melts to the top of the remaining 3 candies and sprinkle crushed candy hearts on each.
- Place all candies in freezer for 15 minutes then remove and serve!
Have you ever made homemade Valentine’s Day candy before? Any tips for me?
For more easy Valentine’s Day dessert recipes, check out these Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes with Cherry Buttercream Frosting or these Strawberry Shortcake Pudding Cookies!