This easy recipe for German Chocolate Cookies with Cake Mix has all the flavor of German chocolate cake in individual portions!
I’m a sucker for coconuts. It’s my favorite nut, my favorite flavor, and my favorite scent. I may or may not be guilty of wearing suntan lotion even during winter to get that coconut scent.
Even if you try and do your own interpretation of coconut by adding some blue food coloring or naming it tropical or ocean flavored, chances are I’m in.
Truth be told, I like chocolate all fine and good but I can abstain. If you go and add in some coconut, that takes whatever the dessert is to a whole other level and makes it downright irresistible.
Like this German Chocolate Cookies with cake mix recipe. It mixes chocolate and coconut in such an easy recipe that you can enjoy the flavor of making an entire German chocolate cake in a semi-homemade, easy to make, individually portioned desserts.
German Chocolate Cookies with Cake Mix
- 1 Box of German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Container of Coconut Pecan Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl mix together the cake mix, eggs and oil until well combined.
- Dough will be thick (like cookie dough) roll into 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls.
- Place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and press until slightly flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins.
- Let cool on cookie rack for 20 minutes
- When cookies have cooled melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Spread pecan frosting over the cookies then drizzle with the melted chocolate chips.
If you’re looking for more desserts, make sure to check out my other easy cookie recipes below.
Have you ever made German Chocolate Cookies with Cake Mix before? If you have, share your tips with me on Facebook!
For more cookie inspiration, make sure to follow the best cookie recipes on Pinterest.