As a mom to two littles, my kids are obviously my top priority. I don’t know how many times I’ve said I feel guilty when it comes to spending time and money on myself and not giving it to my family. This means finding affordable makeup is at the top of my list. I plan on sending two kids that need college here!
With trying to save money on makeup, I end up going with what I know and just continuing the same makeup colors and routines I’ve used for the last decade. If what I’ve been doing so far hasn’t made me look too tragic, then continuing it shouldn’t be a sacrifice. But there are so many new trends and styles that I would love to try out but just haven’t because of price.
But that’s not the case anymore. Now that summer is here I’m looking to lighten up my look and the products that I use to produce a fresh, summery look. Since Walmart makeup is known to be affordable, I headed to my local store to locate some products in hopes of creating some natural looks for summer. I haven’t purchased Rimmel regularly before now but I found so many Rimmel products on sale for $3.97, so I figured now was the time to try something new. For less than $30, I was able to create a radiant, summery look!
I have to admit I was skeptical at first about how a nude look would appear on me. I’ve seen models and actresses look so glamorous with it but I feared my face would look naked, exposed, and rather plain. I’m amazed at how natural yet flattering a nude look can be.
How to Create a Nude Lip
- Exfoliate lips. With such little pigmentation in a nude lipstick shade, you need to ensure that your lips are smooth and ready for their closeup. Scrub with a toothbrush in the shower.
- Moisten up your lips with a lip balm and ensure the lipstick applies evenly.
- Use a cosmetic sponge to lightly cover lips with foundation or concealer.
- Apply a nude lipstick like Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in Rossetto all over both lips, making sure there are no lines.
- Finish off your lips with a swipe of nude gloss like Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss in Endless Summer to really bring out the nude color of the lipstick and ensure a lasting look.
When you want to wear bold makeup, it’s imperative that you only highlight one feature – your lips or your eyes. With a nude look, you can have a fresh, fully nude face. Or, you can wear a dramatic eye and nude lips. Play around and see what works best for you!
What’s your favorite summer makeup trend?