I've said before how much I adore pumpkin! I love this time of year because not only is it easier to get my fill of pumpkin but there is often time fresh pumpkin involved too! For the last five years or so on Thanksgiving morning I make pumpkin gingerbread and it's always a hit.
There's not a person that's tried my pumpkin gingerbread that hasn't liked it. To get an early start on Thanksgiving preparations and share the love with my husband's coworkers, I whipped up a batch yesterday to send with him to work. If you love pumpkin and/or gingerbread, you're going to love this pumpkin gingerbread recipe!
Easy Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking dish (muffin pan, 9×13 pan, loaf, or mini loaf pans) and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together sugar, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin until incorporated.
- Next, combine all other ingredients and stir together until combined.
- Mix dry mix with well blended and there are no longer clumps.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Cooking times will vary based on pan used: muffins 15 minutes, mini loaves 15-18 minutes, 9×13 pan 50-60 minutes.
Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe you prepare on Thanksgiving?