Do you ever find a recipe in your rotation and for the life of you, have no clue how it got there? I have a Crock Pot recipe for Turkey Tamale Pie and just don't know where I came across it. Usually, I write down the source just in case I need to give credit where it's due somewhere down the line. I did a quick search and couldn't find the exact recipe that I use although I make modifications to mine so that makes it that much harder to locate the source. I did locate a few that are similar – this one from Ingrid Hoffman being the closest.
Turkey Tamale Pie Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1.25 lbs. ground turkey
- 3/4 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1 c. chicken broth
- (1) 14.5-oz. can Rotel
- 1 onion, diced
- (1) can corn, drained
- (1) can black beans, drained
- (1) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is cooked through, crumble, and drain excess liquid.
- Mix cornmeal mixture and chicken broth together and then add to the crock pot along with all other ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve. We like to top ours with shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.