Planning a trip soon? If so, here are some travel packing tips and tricks that you can't live without! These tips will make your packing so much more organized, you will be wishing you knew these sooner! You might already know a few of these tips already, or they might all come as news to you! Either way, enjoy these packing tips, and make packing so much more of a breeze!
12 Travel Packing Tips and Tricks You Can't Live Without
1. Make a List. First off make a list, this will help ensure you don't forget items. I know I have traveled many times and ended up forgetting some essentials at home. As you get the items packed, mark them off the list.
2. Plan Your Outfits. This can help you save space, by packing outfits. Pack solid colored tops and then pair with a printed scarf or cardigan, so you can use the clothing for multiple outfits. Versatile items, are perfect, and will really save you space and give you options!
3. Roll Don't Fold. Rolling your clothes up versus folding will give you more space. Make sure to tightly roll your clothes, for the least amount of space used. Plus rolling will help eliminate folds and creases in clothes.
4. Wash Clothes On the Go. Taking advantage of the washer at your hotel or even hitting a laundry mat can help save you space on packing clothes. Just wash and wear a handful of outfits for the duration of a longer trip, and not have as much luggage!
5. Delicate Items, Use Tissue Paper. If you have delicates you are packing, place some tissue paper on top of the item, to help fold it up, protecting it. Make sure to bring a little pack of new tissue paper for re-packing once you have worn the item and it is time to go home.
6. Travel Samples. Ever wonder what to do with those small shampoos, perfumes, and such you get in the mail for free or samples from stores like Sephora. Save them and use them for when you travel! The perfume sample sizes are perfect and can easily even fit into your carry on bag!
7. Plastic Bags. You know the grocery bags you get, save those pack and add a few into your suitcase. These are great for tossing dirty clothes in if you don't get to wash them while traveling. That way they don't get your clean clothes dirty! They are free and work great.
8. Leave Space. Make sure to leave space in your suitcase for bringing back souvenirs or any other items from your trip. It is the worst when you have no room and end up buying a new suitcase just for that.
9. Wrinkle Release Spray. I always pack a travel size wrinkle release spray, this is great for any wrinkles in clothes that might happen. Not every hotel has an iron, so this is a great option!
10. Seal Liquids. If you pack any liquids like shampoo, conditioner, etc, seal it good. I take plastic wrap and place it under the lid, and then seal up the container. You can even put tape around the lid to help it from untwisting. I also place them in a plastic zippered bag just in case they leak.
11. Packing Cubes. If you haven't heard of packing cubes, they have helped to really make the most of the space in your suitcase. You can use these to pack as much as you can in the cube, and it really saves space.
12. Limit Shoes. Shoes are heavy and really take up space, try to find outfits that match one or two different pairs of shoes, so you don't have to pack too many shoes to go with all your clothes.
What travel packing tips and tricks can you not live without?