This post with 5 Tips for Beach Ready Legs was sponsored by Mirum.
Summer is inching ever closer and time is running out to get your body in its beach body state. Our family visited the beach for the first time this season last weekend and that really gave me a good idea of what last minute things I need to do in order to prepare myself for baring more skin than any other time of year.
5 Tips for Beach Ready Legs
1. Exfoliate: dry winter air takes a toll on your skin and no one wants their legs to be all flaky and ashy. Start now to reveal the healthiest skin possible by using a salt or sugar scrub like these (link my sugar scrubs) daily on your entire body. Don’t shower in overly hot water to avoid drying out your skin even more. Stand in the shower for 3-5 minutes before you start exfoliating.
2. Lather up. To avoid over-drying your skin, make sure you’re using body wash instead of bar soap. A great product to use during summer is Dove and Dove Men+Care foaming body washes. These foaming body washes are easy to use and you get a great lather without using a shower poof! Plus, they leave your skin feeling soft and smooth without any residue so you’re ready to show off your legs!
Right now is a great time to start getting your legs ready for the beach by stocking up on Dove and Dove Men+Care foaming body washes at CVS!
3. Hair removal. Shaving is the cheapest, fastest, and most pain-free method of getting your legs stubble-free and ready for summer! Skip using soap on your legs and use a product that is made nourish and protect your skin while you’re removing the hair with a good shave gel. There are so many delicious smelling varieties out there it makes shaving a lot more fun! And don’t just use any razor. Choose a razor with as many blades as possible and a moisturizing strip. I’ve found the most blades that get the closest shave are marketed to men but work really well for women too!
4. Moisturize. I know it’s tempting to skip this vital step and I do it far more than I should but applying lotion or a thick cream while your skin is still damp ensures you lock in the moisture. You can also try mixing a little oil with your lotion to get a healthy sheen.
5. Tan. Get some color on your legs by slathering on the sunscreen and start getting a natural glow a little at a time before you hit the beach. Or, you could try getting a professional spray tan or using a product that provides a little bronze like leg makeup.
Do you have any other tips for beach ready legs?! Let’s continue the conversation on Facebook here!