This fresh cranberry lemon drop martini recipe is a little sweet, a little tart, and such an easy cocktail to make. You’ll make your own simple syrup using cranberries, water, and sugar as the base for this martini recipe.
Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini Recipe
Honestly, beer or wine are usually my go to drinks when but I know there’s a whole group of people that love a well-made cocktail. Something a little fruity and light without being overly sweet.
And who wants to use artificial flavors or juices when you can use the real thing? You’ll make your own simple syrup using fresh cranberries, water, and sugar before combining it with fresh lemon juice and vodka.
Don’t worry, if you have any simple syrup leftover. I save my simple syrup in one of these.
Cranberries are the perfect fruit to get a naturally sweet and sour flavor in your drinks! This fresh cranberry lemon drop martini is a little sweet, a little sour, and refreshingly simple in the best of ways!
Whenever I make any kind of lemon drop recipe, I always think of The Wizard of Oz. “Where troubles melt like lemon drops that’s where you’ll find me.”
What’s in a cranberry lemon drop martini
A cranberry lemon drop martini has cranberries, water, sugar, lemon juice, and vodka.
Tools used to make this cranberry lemon drop martini
- Cheesecloth – to make your cranberry simple syrup you’ll need to strain the cranberry chunks out.
- Jigger – to help you measure everything accurately.
- Juicer – makes juice lemons so much easier without wasting any juice.
- Shaker – a cocktail shaker to mix all the ingredients together and get a chilled drink without ice in your glass.
Cranberry Lemon Drop Drink
Print this recipe for later! And if you make this, I’d love it you’d tag me on Instagram @liveluvtx!
Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini
This fresh cranberry lemon drop martini recipe is a little sweet, a little tart, and such an easy cocktail to make. You'll make your own simple syrup using cranberries, water, and sugar as the base for this martini recipe.
- Coarsely chop the cranberries and place in a medium saucepan with water. Simmer the cranberries for 20 minutes.
- Gently mash the cranberries and strain through cheesecloth or a fine strainer (you should have about 1 cup of juice, add more water if not)
- Place the juice back in the saucepan with 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a shaker halfway with large chunks of ice. Add in 2 oz (¼ cup) of each the cranberry simple syrup, lemon juice, and vodka.
- Shake until mixed and chilled well, and pour into a martini glass. Enjoy immediately!
Whether you prefer sweet, sour, or something in between, this cranberry lemon drink recipe is perfect for you! Did you enjoy this fresh cranberry lemon drop martini recipe? What’s your favorite fresh cocktail recipe? Share your thoughts with me on Facebook here.
More cranberry recipes
More cocktail recipes
Pin this Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini recipe for later!