This fresh cranberry lemon drop martini recipe is a little bit sweet, a little bit tart, and every bit refreshing and simple. You’ll make your own simple syrup using cranberries, water, and sugar as the base for this martini recipe.
When I reach for an alcoholic beverage, I usually go for the most basic of libations. You guys know how much I enjoy drinking wine and cooking with wine. Honestly, beer or wine are usually my go to drinks when but I know there’s a whole group of people that love a well-made cocktail.
Something a little fruity and light without being overly sweet. And who wants to use artificial flavors or juices when you can use the real thing? You’ll make your own simple syrup using fresh cranberries, water, and sugar before combining it with fresh lemon juice and vodka. Don’t worry, if you have any simple syrup leftover. I save my simple syrup in one of these.
Cranberries are the perfect fruit to get a naturally sweet and sour flavor in your drinks! This fresh cranberry lemon drop martini recipe is a little sweet, a little sour, and refreshingly simple in the best of ways!
Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Cranberry Lemon Drops:
- 1 cup 8oz cranberry simple syrup
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vodka
- Ice for shaking
- Coarsely chop the cranberries and place in a medium saucepan with water. Simmer the cranberries for 20 minutes.
- Gently mash the cranberries and strain through cheesecloth or a fine strainer (you should have about 1 cup of juice, add more water if not)
- Place the juice back in the saucepan with 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a shaker halfway with large chunks of ice. Add in 2 oz (¼ cup) of each the cranberry simple syrup, lemon juice, and vodka.
- Shake until mixed and chilled well, and pour into a martini glass. Enjoy immediately!
Whether you prefer sweet, sour, or something in between, this cocktail recipe is perfect for you! Did you enjoy this fresh cranberry lemon drop martini recipe? What’s your favorite fresh cocktail recipe? Share your thoughts with me on Facebook here.
Don’t forget to follow my drinks board on Pinterest and pin this recipe for later!