Survive the ups and downs of trying to conceive with this Getting Pregnant Survival Kit. These items are almost everything you need to survive your journey to conceive a baby.
Getting Pregnant Survival Kit
When I first started trying to get pregnant, I wanted to ensure that I got pregnant the first month. I had been using Natural Family Planning for the previous 8 months to avoid getting pregnant, which included taking basal body temperatures every morning to get a feel for my cycle and when I ovulated. But when it was time to try I continued temping to try to conceive and it worked…I got pregnant right away!
The second time around, I also got pregnant the first time of trying but sadly I miscarried at 12 weeks. Coincidentally, I had a girlfriend that I had been pregnant with during my first pregnancy that also miscarried around this same time.
After waiting for the two cycles to allow my body to regulate itself as my OB suggested, we began trying again. This time things weren’t quite as easy. I can be a bit of an overachiever and not succeeding on the first month was so upsetting. Again my girlfriend that had her miscarriage around the same time I had mine was experiencing the same frustrations.
I want to help her and my other friends whenever and however I can and I try to share as much about the trying to conceive experience as I can. So, I created this Getting Pregnant Survival Kit to help my girlfriends take the next step in their journey towards having a baby!
How to get pregnant fast…the essential products you need!
1. Basal Thermometer: get to know your body and recognize from the temperature shifts when you’re ovulating and confirm pregnancy without a test!
2. Daily Ovulation Predictors: without an egg, you can’t get pregnant, so getting familiar with when you ovulate is definitely key. You could also go for the digital ovulation predictor kit, but depending on how long you try, these can get pricey.
I also tried this fertility monitor the month I conceived my youngest. It’s kind of pricey, but I was able to resell it on eBay afterward and recouped more than half of the cost, so definitely worth it depending on where you are in your journey.
3. K-Y®Liquidbeads: when you’re serious about getting pregnant, you really want to be sure you’re ready and have the freedom to be spontaneous.
These weren’t available during my time trying to get pregnant, but they’re a pretty innovative concept.
- When you open the box there are two different products inside – the applicators and ovule inserts.
- Open up each package – remove one applicator and after peeling back the foil from the blister pack, insert one ovule into the applicator.
- Like with a tampon, you place the applicator into your vagina and push the applicator up which releases the ovule into your vagina. These little ovule inserts start releasing within minutes and will last a few days to ensure that you’re ready whenever the mood strikes. Don’t let trying for a baby get stressful, enjoy the process! It’s sure to strengthen your marriage too!
- Note: You’re not supposed to use these when you become pregnant or while nursing.
4. Chocolate: having a sweet indulgence during this sometimes stressful period can definitely keep your spirits up, especially during the dreaded two week wait
5. Pregnancy tests: this one is pretty self-explanatory but it’s all leading up to what you hope is a big fat positive (or a BFP in online pregnancy board speak).
When it’s time to test, I dare you to take just one! Make sure you buy two tests at a minimum. Or, better yet by the test strips in bulk online. I won’t admit how many tests I took while trying to get pregnant.
Whether or not you want your own Getting Pregnant Survival Kit or want to gift one to your girlfriend, these are some of the essential items you’ll need to start your journey into motherhood!
And now once you’ve gotten pregnant, make sure you have this Pregnancy/Postpartum Essentials Ultimate Toolkit!
For more posts on pregnancy and fertility make sure you read these: