I love Greek food! Love it! There’s something about the saltiness coupled with exotic sauces, vegetables, and meats that makes me happy. I created the recipe below as a Meatless Monday dish that would encompass my love of Mediterranean ingredients and pizza in one delicious dish! The whole family loved this pizza – even my husband that reluctantly agrees to Meatless Mondays when he’s of the opinion that everything tastes better when there’s meat added. When I make this dish any day other than Monday, I usually add some turkey pepperoni to make it a little heartier and more filling, but honestly, I love it as is.
Greek Pizza Recipe
- Instant Pizza Crust Mix or prepared pizza crust
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz Mozarella Cheese
- 2 oz Feta Cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 8 Kalmata Olives, chopped
- 4 Canned Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Pepperocini Peppers
- Optional: Pepperoni or Turkey Pepperoni Slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, or as stated on pizza crust mix or prepared crust packaging.
- Meanwhile, prep pizza crust according to directions.
- Prep all vegetables while crust is rising.
- Roll pizza crust onto baking stone or cooking sheet as described on pizza crust package.
- Lightly brush extra virgin olive oil over entire crust.
- Begin adding toppings to the pizza beginning with the Mozarella until all toppings are on the pizza.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.