Making a delicious meal doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of time. Just try this Lemon Chicken with Barley recipe from our sponsor Knorr’s One Skillet Meal Starters that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
With school starting up again next week, I’ve started looking for new ways to start making life easier once our life kicks into high gear and we’re back into the routine of the school year.
One way I’m looking to do this is simplifying mealtime. Even with the best of intentions to meal plan, when five o’clock comes I can’t tell you how many times I still don’t what’s for dinner. Sometimes when my kids ask what’s for dinner, my response can often be something with chicken.
Sometimes on those nights when I don’t know what to cook I end up making a recipe that takes up way too much time so I can ensure it tastes good. Or, I’ll try out a recipe using ingredients that may or may not actually taste good together.
While I still may end up sometimes finding myself in that last minute scramble of finding what to make for dinner, I now have other options for delicious yet still convenient dinner. I’ve tried meal kit solutions in the past yet the cost just doesn’t make sense for our family but the Knorr One Skillet Meals are affordable while being convenient and delicious. You might remember me mentioning these One Skillet Meal Starters a few months ago, but after trying the Lemon Chicken with Barley recipe…it’s won over our entire family. And who would have thought our girls would have enjoyed the tartness of lemon or a more exciting grain like barley?!
Knorr One Skillet Meals, Lemon Chicken with Barley recipe is perfectly seasoned with lemon, savory herbs and garlic. That’s it – no artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources. You only need to add protein and veggies, then you’re ready to go! And each Knorr One Skillet Meal is different so there’s something for every taste and each can be customized with the protein like chicken, beef, or shrimp and the ancient grain like barley, farro, quinoa, or whole wheat couscous.
Lemon Chicken with Barley Recipe
Lemon Chicken with Barley
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups water I used chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pkg. Know One-Skillet Meals - Lemon Chicken with Barley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat chicken with flour, salt, and pepper then cook 4 minutes or until browned. (Don’t worry - the chicken will continue to cook with the barley in step 2.)
- Add water or chicken broth to the skillet along with carrots and content of the Know One-Skillet Meals and bring to a boil.
- Cover. Then turn down heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 23 minutes or until the barley is tender.
- Place spinach on top of barley mix and cover again for 5-10 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
Ready to transform dinnertime at your house with this lemon chicken with barley recipe from Knorr One Skillet Meals? Right now you can save $0.75 on Knorr One Skillet Meals at Kroger (down the pasta and rice aisle)!