S’mores don’t have to be just for dessert. You can enjoy the flavors any time of day with this easy S’mores Waffles Recipe!
Fourth of July is coming up and in Texas, everything is bigger. Which means Independence Day is not just a one day event, it last for two weeks. Well, maybe three. The exact amount of time that the fireworks stands are open plus a little extra.
With a dog that’s terrified of loud noises, our family isn’t quite as enthusiastic about pre-Fourth celebrations. But when the Fourth of July actually arrives, it’s a day long event. We celebrate from the time we wake up until the time we go to sleep!
Everyone thinks knows that s’mores are a great dessert for camping, campouts, or just a weekend spent at home. I remember enjoying s’mores in my childhood on the holidays. But how many times have you filled up on too many grilled foods or snacks during the day and by the time dessert rolls around, you’re just to full to enjoy some s’mores? Who says you have to end the day with s’mores?
What better and more fitting breakfast for the Fourth of July than S’mores Waffles?!
- 1.25 c. pre-made waffle mix
- 1 c. approx. 6 full sheets cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 miniature chocolate bars halved
- 1 large marshmallow
- more graham cracker squares crushed to serve
- Preheat waffle iron until hot.
- Meanwhile mix pre-made waffle mix, crushed cinnamon graham crackers, egg, and canola oil together until smooth.
- Lightly mist waffle iron with baking spray and pour 1/3 of prepared batter onto waffle iron.
- Once waffle is cooked, separate into quarters.
- Place one quarter waffle with one marshmallow and two small chocolate squares (half of a miniature bar) in the microwave for 15 second.
- Top with another waffle quarter, sprinkle with crushed Honey Maid Cinnamon graham crackers and serve!
If you’re looking to make your breakfast a little more exciting, try out my Churro Waffles recipe!
For more breakfast recipe inspiration, follow my Delicious Breakfast Recipes board on Pinterest!