Fact: I love cheese. Aside from American, blue, boxed cheese, and the kind in cans I’m a fan of all the other cheeses I can think of. And in the defense of blue cheese, there are some that I like if they’re good quality, but I just can’t give a sweeping approval of all blue cheeses in good conscience.
But this wasn’t always the case. When I was little, I didn’t think I liked cheese. And the cheese I did like was some of the cheeses I no longer like today.
I was even the weird kid that wouldn’t eat real kid food staples like mac and cheese and grilled cheese.
It wasn’t until I was a teenager that my love affair for cheese came into its full form. These days when I’m not snacking on cheese and olives with my wine, or making a meal out of it with salami, I’m hooked on it and so is my family.
So when I’m looking for some new recipe inspiration, I like to make meals that do more as in using ingredients that can make great meals for my family even faster and spend more time with my family. This saves me time and money and helps me and everyone in my family to eat better, live better, and do better.
Like Hellmann’s mayonnaise. I found a way to use everyone’s favorite mayo and mix it with our love of cheese plus add in some much needed veggies to make a delicious and satisfying meal like this grilled cheese sandwich with veggies recipe or as the Hellamnn’s website calls it, Grilled Cheese & Veggie Strangewich.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Veggies Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 slices crusty whole grain bread
- 1 oz. sliced low fat white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced roasted or grilled vegetables (sliced peppers and onions - you could also add eggplant and zucchini)
- Spread one slice of bread with Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise.
- Place bread mayonnaise-side-down into hot skillet; add cheese and vegetables.
- Spread other slice of bread with mayonnaise and place mayonnaise-side-up on top of vegetables.
- Cook until lightly browned on one side.
- Flip over and cook until cheese is melted.
- Tip: to roast or grill vegetables, preheat oven or grill to 400. Brush veggies with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast or grill, turning as needed, until golden and tender. Toss with chopped fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon juice.
You can buy the products that can help you make meals that do more like Knorr, Country Crock, and Hellmann’s at Walmart. Don’t forget to try out Walmart Online Grocery Pickup to save even more time while getting everything you need!
Do you have a favorite grilled cheese sandwich with veggies recipe? Let’s swap recipes on Facebook!