Try out some of these cherry dessert recipes and just try to pick a favorite! From pies and cookies to frozen desserts and drinks – these treats are unique!
43 Sweet and Tart Cherry Desserts You Need to Try
This little post is like a min-cookbook! Pin this post, you will definitely want to come back for it later. I found the best cherry recipes I could find and organized them by type. Here is what you will find in this delightful round-up:
- Cherry Cupcakes
- Frozen Cherry Desserts
- Cherry Drinks
- Cherry Cookies
- Cherry Cheesecakes
- Cherry Pies
- Cherry Brownies
- Cherry Cakes
- Super Creative Cherry Recipes
Are you ready to find something you will love? Here you go!
4 Easy Cherry Cupcakes
Let's start with my favorite – cupcakes! Each of these is a unique spin on a classic – with a cherry on top.
- Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes with Cherry Buttercream Frosting from Live Love Texas – I made these and if you love the combination of chocolate and cherries, you have to make these. I even share a recipe for cherry buttercream frosting!
- Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes from Thrifty Jinxy – These cupcakes are extra sweet – so if you have a really big sweet craving, gift these a shot.
- Cherry Almond Cupcakes from Julie's Eats & Treats – The almond gives these cupcakes an extra deep flavor profile and cuts the sweetness down a notch, which is just perfect.
- Cherry Lemon Cupcakes from April Golightly – Who knew cherry and lemon went so well together? April did!
5 Frozen Cherry Desserts That Are Perfect Anytime
When it's hot outside or you are just craving something frozen, give something on this list a try.
- Cherry Amaretto Ice Pops from Live Love Texas – These are adult popsicles, so bring them out when you are having a BBQ, they are amazing!
- Roasted Peach & Cherry Coconut Popsicles from The Forked Spoon – When you want the flavors of an Island getaway, whip up some of these!
- Cherry Blender Sorbet from Yummy Healthy Easy – As a self-professed ice cream addict, I fell in love with this sweet and tart sorbet.
- No-Churn Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from Eat Picks – The no church ice creams are so easy – even the kids can help you make them. And this one has chunks of real chocolate in it.
- Homemade Cherry Popsicles from The Bewitchin Kitchen – This is perfect on a hot day and has just 3 simple ingredients!
6 Perfect Cherry Drinks
There is something for everyone in this list – adults and kids alike.
- Cherry Rose Spritzer from April Golightly – This drink is absolutely perfect for Girls Night. The colors are so bright and the flavor is perfect.
- Sparkling Cherry Limeade from Julie's Eats & Treats – Cherry Limeades remind me of summertime and this one will quench your thirst when it's burning outside.
- Crock Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine from Tammilee Tips – Ever wondered how to make moonshine in the crockpot? Now you know!
- Cherry Lime Margarita from All in a Days Work – Did someone say margarita? Make enough for your friends and kick back and relax!
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie from Kitchen Concoctions – The best thing about this is that it tastes like dessert but can be served for breakfast.
- Black Cherry Old Fashioned from A Taste of Koko – This Old Fashioned is pretty strong, so taste it before serving it. But it's sooooo good!
4 Cherry Cookies That Will Surprise You
Yes! Ther are more ways to make cherry cookies than just mixing with chocolate chips. And some of them are so gooey, you'll need a fork.
- Cherry Garcia Cookies from Lady & the Blog – A Cherry Garcia is a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor with cherries and chocolate. And these cookies are a fantastic resemblance.
- Cherry Pie Cookies from Honestly and Truly – All the gooey goodness of cherry pie, in a cookie. You're welcome.
- Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies from Julie's Eats & Treats – These are literally filled with cherry pie filling and then drizzled with more chocolate. They are so incredibly rich.
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Toffee Cookies from Kitchen Concoctions – Your mouth will explode with all the different flavors. And yet they all work so well together.
6 New Ways to Make Cherry Cheesecake
Think beyond cherry topping and try one of these astonishing new cheesecakes.
- Dr Pepper Cherry No Bake Cheesecake from Live Love Texas – You read that right. Read on and see how to make cheesecake with Dr. Pepper.
- Cherry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Simply Stacie – Honestly, the Oreo crust is what makes this cheesecake so memorable.
- Cherry Cheesecake Eggrolls from Spend With Pennies – This takes cherry cheesecake and turns it into finger food.
- Cherry Cheesecake Monkey Bread from The Typical Mom – If you love sticky-sweet desserts, this monkey bread is heavenly!
- Mini Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes from A Grande Life – The small size of these little cheesecakes is so adorable. They are perfect for bridal showers.
- Cherry Cheesecake with Sugar Cookie Crust from The Bewitchin Kitchen – Have you ever made a cheesecake with sugar cookie crust? Give it a shot, it turns out crunchy and perfectly sweet.
Classic Cherry Pie in 3 New Ways
How's that saying go? As American as cherry pie! Well, try the classic but with a few new twists.
- Cherry Pie Recipe with Lattice Crust from Savory Sweet Life – If you ever wondered how to do a lattice crust on a cherry pie, this post is for you. The tutorial is super easy to follow, even for beginning bakers.
- Easy Cherry Crumble Pie from Singing Through the Rain – When you don't have much time to fuss with a crust, make a crumble topping.
- Cherry Hand Pies from Eat Picks from Eat Picks – Hand pies are perfectly portioned treats that have a flaky crust around super gooey cherry yumminess.
2 Blissful Cherry Brownies
I found two of the very best cherry brownie recipes out there! Go to the original recipe pages and pin them, they are out of this world.
- Cherry Brownies from The Typical Mom – They are perfectly portioned brownies with frosting on top!
- Cherry Bliss Brownies from Dear Crissy – I love the marbling on the top with the cherries filling in all the cracks. You'll need to eat these with a fork.
3 Ways to Celebrate with Cherry Cake
If you have an upcoming celebration, make one of these stunning cherry cakes.
- Flourless Black Forest Cake from Faithfully Gluten Free – This is the cake pictured above and it is stunning! You won't even miss the flour.
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake from The Typical Mom – Dump cakes are some of my favorites to make because they are incredibly simple. But this cake elevates beyond typical dump cakes because it has the tang of pineapples.
- Cherry Coffee Cake from Chic N' Savvy Reviews – This is a perfect last-minute dessert. It can be made in just 30 minutes.
10 More Creative Cherry Recipes
Finally, here are some super fun recipes that didn't exactly fit in any of the categories above. But all of them are incredible. Try something new.
- Simple and Sweet Cherry Pie Bars from Mom Spark – These are like brownies but without the chocolate. They have the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- Mini Cherry Cobbler from Yummy Healthy Easy – The best thing about these little treats is that they are made without sugar. They use Truvia as the sweetener.
- Simple Cherry Bavarian Custard from Honestly and Truly – Try your hand at a little German baking. Custard isn't as difficult as it sounds.
- Ambrosia Salad from Dear Crissy – Ambrosia salad is a southern recipe and this one is perfect for parties and potlucks.
- Cherry Pie Fluff from Building Our Story – What is cherry pie fluff? It's another midwest/southern recipe that uses vanilla pudding and whipped topping for a fluffy treat.
- Cherry Wonder Whip from My Crazy Good Life – If you are trying to cut out extra sugars, this one is for you! It is a greek yogurt dessert without any extra sugar.
- Cherry Candy Popcorn from Cupcakes and Cutlery – This snack is fantastic for school parties or birthday parties.
- Cherry Pie Bubble Up Dessert from Walking on Sunshine – This recipe is another super last-minute one. You can use canned biscuits and cherry pie filling.
- Cherry Blueberry Crisp from Live Love Texas – I make this one quite often because cherries and blueberries are the perfect pair.
- Fresh Cherry Crisp from A Sweet Pea Chef – This recipe uses whole ingredients and is an excellent source of protein and fiber. So you can feel good about eating your dessert.
The Charm of Cherries
Did you find a new cherry recipe to try out? Cherries are wonderful year-round. Cherries are typically in season in the summer – from around May to August. But lots of these recipes used canned pie filling.
Try a few new recipes and experience the sweet-tart combination of cherries.
More Dessert Recipes
Next, check out some of these dessert recipes. Happy Baking!