Forget plain old cupcakes. Take your dessert game to the next level with this Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes recipe with Bailey’s Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting. These rich chocolate cupcakes have Bailey’s Irish Cream mixed into the batter and another dash of Bailey’s is added to the perfectly balanced homemade buttercream. These cupcakes will leave an impression whether they’re for St. Patrick’s Day or another party!
There’s something about adding a little booze to my dessert that makes me feel so rebellious. I don’t know if it’s bucking against the trends of not just drinking your booze, but eating them too. Or, if it’s that you can enjoy the flavor of the alcohol at any time of day without any fear of judgement or anyone being the wiser.
Unless you tell them, of course.
Bailey’s Irish Cream recipes are probably most often associated with St. Patrick’s Day, but there’s no reason you can’t enjoy the delicious flavor all year long by spiking your dessert! This Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes recipe with Bailey’s Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting gives you the delicious taste of Bailey’s in each and every bite.
So whether you’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, a birthday, or a girl’s night this Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes recipe will quickly become a favorite!
Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes recipe with Bailey’s Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting
Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes Recipe with Bailey’s Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ts baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup 2 sticks softened butter
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add milk, Bailey’s, oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water
- Beat on high speed for about 1 minute.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 30 minutes before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Cream butter and salt until fluffy.
- Mix in 1 cup of the powdered sugar then stir in Bailey’s.
- Mix in remaining powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pipe onto cool cupcakes, using desired tip.
Now that you know how easy these are to make, are you ready to dig into this Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes recipe with Bailey’s Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting?!
And don’t forget to pin this Chocolate Bailey’s Cupcakes recipe so you can find it later!
For more delicious cupcake recipes, make sure to follow my cupcake board on Pinterest!