One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the food. There are few things that say Christmas to me like homemade fudge. My husband isn’t much for chocolate so I knew if I wanted to make something the whole family could enjoy I needed to create a peanut butter fudge recipe.
In an effort to maximize my time and efforts in the kitchen, I like to create recipes that are simple and easy but taste like they took much more effort. To accomplish this finding a way to create a no bake fudge recipe was a priority. Surprisingly I managed to an easy peanut butter fudge recipe on the first attempt. I’m not typically a midnight snacker but I just couldn’t resist sneaking a piece one night. It was so good and didn’t last very long at all, in fact I’m sure my doctor is going to be surprised at the sudden increase in my weight from last month. I’m a sucker for homemade goodies.
Easy Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- Put powdered sugar in mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and melt butter completely.
- Then, stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil, then time for 2 additional minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add peanut butter mix to powdered sugar and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Line a baking pan/dish with wax paper and pour mixture into dish.
- Place in the fridge and cool completely until set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
What’s your favorite holiday dessert recipe?