What is the best flavor of fall? Pumpkin of course! And I am a huge pumpkin fan. So, of course, I’m going to create some pumpkin cupcakes that you can whip up in a flash.
Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
There is something so….autumn…about pumpkins. Their vibrant orange skins reflect the reds and yellows of the falling leaves. Tales of Jack-O-Lanterns dance across the suburban streets.
And the smell of pumpkin treats wafts out of kitchens and bakeries.
It’s fall ya’ll! And pumpkins are the main attraction!
My pumpkin cupcakes are everything wonderful about the new season – all without the stress of baking a huge cake.
That’s why I adore cupcakes! The little cups make my job so much easier. And they are so adorable when they are iced up too!
Pumpkin Cupcakes Shopping List
Are you ready to bake up some deliciousness? Before you begin, here is what you’ll need from the store.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting Shopping List
We can’t forget the best part – the frosting! Here’s all you need for the most amazing fall frosting ever! Use this on all your cakes – try it on these carrot cake cupcakes, it is divine.
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- Powdered Sugar
Items you may also need
As you bake the easy pumpkin cupcakes, you might find a few of these items helpful:
What is the best frosting for pumpkin cupcakes?
I love my cream cheese buttercream frosting on pumpkin cupcakes. It combines my two favorite desserts – cheesecake and pumpkin pie. When you bite into these cupcakes, your mouth will indulge in a pairing of sweet sugar, thick cream cheese, and depth of pumpkin.
What is the difference between pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cupcakes?
Honestly, it’s all in the frosting. You can make my cupcakes without the frosting and call them pumpkin muffins. If you are watching your sugar intake, cut the sugar down a bit too, it won’t hurt it.
These pumpkin cupcakes can make an excellent breakfast as a pumpkin muffin as you go out the door. Just leave the frosting off.
Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Are you ready for the recipe? Here it is! Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board or share it on Facebook so you can find it again.
Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
The best fall dessert is my pumpkin cupcakes. Follow my recipe to make cream cheese buttercream frosting for your next fall party.
- * 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1 tablespoon baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/2 cup butter softened
- * 1 cup white sugar
- * 1/3 cup brown sugar
- * 2 eggs room temperature
- * 3/4 cup milk
- * 1 cup pumpkin puree
* Cream Cheese Frosting
- * 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- * 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature (2 sticks)
- * 5 cups powdered sugar
- * 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- * 1 tbsp. milk
* Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 24 muffins and set aside. Mix all dry ingredients for the cupcakes together; set aside.
* Cream 1/2 cup of butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time to the mix. Then, stir in the milk and pumpkin. Once combined, add the dry mix to the wet mixed until completely mixed.
* Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
* Leave the cupcakes in the muffin tin to cool for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
* While your cupcakes are cooking, start on the frosting. Mix together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until combined, then add a cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time until the desired consistency. If the frosting is too thick, you can add a tablespoon of milk at a time to thin.
* Once your cupcakes have completely cooled, frost each of them with cream cheese frosting.
What to Serve With Pumpkin Cupcakes
My pumpkin cupcakes are perfect for bake sales, fall parties, and just celebrating the changing of the seasons. Here are some ideas to serve with your cupcakes to bring out the flavors best.
- Coffee – make your own latte at home, or just serve with your favorite brew
- Hot chocolate – Choose a dark chocolate hot chocolate, because these cupcakes are already pretty sweet.
- Apple cider – brew your own apple cider on your stove for an authentic treat.
- Hot tea – choose something rich like Earl Gray to bring out the sweetness of the cupcakes.
More Pumpkin Recipes
There you have it! Now that you made some amazing pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, are you ready for more pumpkin recipes? Indulge in some of these next: